It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:45 pm 

Has anyone tried Adiana? I don't think I can get Essure b/c of the nickel allergy, and I am considering this option.

http://www.adiana.com/

Thanks.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:50 pm 

tink1028 wrote:
Has anyone tried Adiana? I don't think I can get Essure b/c of the nickel allergy, and I am considering this option.
http://www.adiana.com/
Thanks.

I had Adiana procedure this spring. I had a slight preference for silicone rather than the metal for essure, so I went with Adiana. The procedure is a breeze - very quick and easy. I had my followup hystosalpenogram (sp?) to check that the tubes were blocked 3 months later, and that was a success - my tubes are blocked. My insurance paid for most of it. I heartily recommend it!

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:17 pm 
TCFL Sponsor

This is the procedure I want for sterilization! Essure I'm not crazy about because of the metal and I'm a bit freaked out over any cutting into my abdomen so a TL wouldn't be ideal.

Anyone know if this is available in Canada?

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:41 am 

Nix wrote:
This is the procedure I want for sterilization! Essure I'm not crazy about because of the metal and I'm a bit freaked out over any cutting into my abdomen so a TL wouldn't be ideal.

Anyone know if this is available in Canada?

Adiana is what I want too! :) The problem is, I live in Hungary... And I think it's not available here. Sterilization is available, but I don't want any surgery. I'd be glad if you could give me some advice, if it's available in other European countries, how can I get it, how much does it cost. :)

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:38 am 

So, the run down is this. Adiana has been rolled out to a limited number of doctor's offices who already perform Essure. However, the GOOD news is that Adiana will continue to be available at more offices (and in more countries) over time. The Essure website lists doctor's offices who offer essure - call THEM up and ask them if and when they offer Adiana. My doctor had Adiana, but I didn't know until I asked - I found her from an Essure website.

Okay, to address the other question - cost. My whole procedure cost approximately $5,000-6,000 (US dollars). Insurance covered all but $500. The cost may vary, depending on your country etc.

If you want this procedure and live in the North Eastern United States, I can give you a recommendation (via private message) of a doctor who is willing to perform it. It is very painless, quick and easy, without side effects, VERY low risk. I'm very happy that I had it done. I'm relieved to be 100% baby proof!!

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:45 pm 

Are you at all concerned about the results form the clinical trials? It had a higher failure rate than Essure (1.1%). 6 women got pregnant while on the study (of roughly 650 women). I have this weird paranoia about the percentages. :?

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:47 pm 
TCFL Sponsor

tink1028 wrote:
Are you at all concerned about the results form the clinical trials? It had a higher failure rate than Essure (1.1%). 6 women got pregnant while on the study (of roughly 650 women). I have this weird paranoia about the percentages. :?

I would like to remain on the pill.....I have a "thing" about percentages too and since I had bad periods before the pill I don't want to go off it. This is more a peace of mind thing (even though I'm really careful with the pill and have NEVER even had a scare, I have this nagging feeling that my luck will run out one day....don't know why I feel that way but I do)....sterilizaiton + pill = a VERY happy and comfortable Nix LOL :)

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:27 pm 

tink1028 wrote:

That is a good point - Essure has been around longer, and has a lower failure rate. I did my research, but my doctor said that Adiana was as safe as Essure. Now I'm just nervous. Should have gone with Essure.

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:51 pm 

Sorry to have made you worry Jolene! :( The odds are very, very low that anything will go wrong. Essure had some HSG misreads , too. Not in the inital study but later on. I guess no matter what you do, nothing is 100% safe (unless you just decide never to have sex again, but come on, that is absurd. It so ridiculous when nurses act like this is an option as a married adult).

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:20 am 

Would it be safe to have Adiana and still use the pill for period control/peace of mind? It seems a bit overkill to me, but I agree with some above that I would like to stay on the pill for period management, but would love a more permanent option. If only partial hysterectomies didn't have such unsavory side effects over the long haul (I'm 26)... Then I wouldn't have to worry about the period!

“At its most fundamental level, the emergence of childlessness means that women are seizing the opportunity to be fully realized, self-determined individuals, regardless of what society at large thinks of them” (Madelyn Cain 2001)